Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Creative List

When I was younger, apart from listening to great music, I also watch great music videos. Back in college, I will always watch MTV and Channel V. I want fun and creative videos. These days, they are rare. Hence; I thought of sharing my favorite creative videos.

5. The Scientist - Coldplay

Alright, there are many videos that did the reverse sequence but I think Coldplay's "The Scientist" video was one of those that came with the idea first. The video showed Chris Martin alone. The story of how he became alone was told as the video progresses. The video coincides to the lyrics of the song, i.e., a relationship gone wrong and a man trying to go back to the start and right what went wrong. What made it amazing as well is that though the video is shown backwards, Chris' mouthing of the song's lyrics in some parts of the music video is exact and progressive. Go see for yourself...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5D3MSqqOzU

4. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

This video is simply cool. Anthony, Flea, Chad and Josh were video game characters! Inside the video game, each RHCP member had an adventure. Anthony and Flea even rode a mosquito (or at least what I think is a mosquito). At the end of the video, they fell to the earth's core and transformed back to humans. Flying car driven by Anthony Kiedis, car submerged in water, and skateboarding in the famous Golden Gate bridge (my personal favorite). Creative? Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlUKcNNmywk

3. Coffee and TV - Blur

This video is all about the milk pack! The adventure began with the milk pack walking in a busy street, almost hit by a motorbike but not quite. He met a girl (a pink milk pack!) but she was stepped on and died - poor thing. He continued walking and survived near death situations until he reached the garage where the band is playing. He was picked... and emptied... and thrown to the garbage... How sad. When I first watched this video year ago, I literally got sad. I love the milk pack... creative? Hell yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqXVx3sBOk

2. Somebody that I used to Know - Gotye

This is one of the very few recent videos that I think is really creative. It's about one naked Gotye. But that's not why the video is creative. Gotye is naked with body paint that replicates the wall. It's as if there's no person in there but the wall. In the middle of the video, a girl was shown with the same body paint and stuck in the wall. Slowly, the girl was stripped off of the body paint. It's a really creative way of telling the compelling, poignant message of the song - when a man and woman come together in a relationship, it's as if they build a different world together but when the relationship is over, one or both will detach from the world they created...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

1. Pink - Aerosmith

This song is one of my all time favorites. It never fails to perk me up in the morning. I personally don't like pink as a color but this song is just so cool and so as the video. The video shows individuality in a variety of personalities and characters - skinny, not too skinny, tattooed, rocker, model, senior citizen, and even a dog. It was a play of characters. How do you like a little boy with Steve Tyler's grown up face and bunny ears? Everything flamboyant is in this video. It's fun yet creative. It's pink!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvao_gpMrhs

2 comments:

Frances said...

Didn't know Aerosmith's Pink until I've read this. Have watched it and it's really quirky. Cool! :)

I would also love to share one of my fave musicians whose videos are really inventive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Have fun Ate! :)

Antukin said...

I know this video of OK Go... Cool and creative... =)