Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sbarro: Fresh Italian cooking

I love Italian food! I can eat pizza and pasta everyday! There are lots of pizza parlors in the Philippines and all over the world but I only have one favorite - Sbarro. Whenever I visit, I would always order baked ziti and a slice of pizza - white or cheese... Their pizza variants are delectable. Baked ziti in white sauce with garlic bread is simply irresistible.

The prices are reasonable too. Sbarro is a fast food chain so the preparation of the food doesn't take that long. There's also a condiments area where Parmesan cheese, hot sauce, and pepper flakes are available. I always love pepper flakes on my pizza.

But more than the food, I love Sbarro for other things. Sbarro is senior citizen friendly. My aunt enjoys 20% senior citizen discount for her food. She's a diabetic but minimum intake of pasta and pizza doesn't affect her sugar level at all. Whenever I'd go to a mall she would always request for me to buy her baked ziti and pizza from Sbarro - her favorite take out... She enjoys the store ambiance too. It's not too crowded and the layout of the store allows efficient foot traffic.

But I have never liked Sbarro the way I do now. Why? Because of a recent experience with the Robinson's Ermita branch. I was so sleepy and a bit tired with all the paper works required in school so I thought of dining out with my family and having my comfort food. We stood at the counter waiting for our orders. When one of the crew handed the slice of pizza to me, it simply slipped in an instant. But even before I can say something, the crew smiled and told me that they will replace the pizza for me. I asked whether I have to pay again since it's actually my fault but she told me graciously that I don't. I believe it should be basic courtesy for any store to do that but i just didn't think that stores would actually do such and Sbarro did. For me, it's great customer service.

I love pictures but it's never my habit to take pictures of me or just about anything. But that day was an exception. I can't help but love my pizza more hence; I took photos of my very fresh pizza. I even took photos of my aunt and brother which I will never really tried to do before because I find it really cheesy. It became instant family bonding for us and I never thought that a fast food chain can give us such a great experience that day... Truly, Sbarro lives up to their promise of "fresh Italian cooking."


Try visiting their stores, especially the Robinson's Ermita branch where the crew is just amazing! Ciao!

No comments: