Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My style heroes

She's posh - what else can I say? I love Victoria Beckham's style post-Spice Girls. Ironic that Mrs. Beckham was first known to be Posh spice but I didn't like her style that time. I thought Spice girls were made too commercial thus her style back then was meant to be trendy rather than classic. This high collar for instance, with stockings and black heels - the get up is classic. Winter usually meant bulky jackets and coats but this look made winter fashionable.

That signature bob! Victoria Beckham made bob feminine and posh. Be it unruly or just-out-of-bed or with this tiny black headband, Victoria rocked with her bob. I thought she looked best with bobs. I wish I can wear this short hair myself but I can't. Her hair colors are not outlandish. It's always on the traditional brunette colors. She wore her hair blonde but she usually kept it brunette. But be it brunette or blonde, he hair is always fixed.

One thing I like about Victoria's style is that she looks professional. Most of her outfits are fashionable corporate pieces such as this one. The skirt and boots - Oh my! I love wearing boots to work. I can go to work with this style. I think that if she was a regular girl who goes to work, she would redefine corporate power dressing. Not a lot of style icons wear fashionable corporate looking ensemble. Victoria can... 

 Victoria rocked the bob hairstyles but she also wears her hair long. This hairstyle was a little unkempt but boy it is stylish. I also like the way she wears her make up. it's mostly subdued. In this photo, she wore nude lipstick. Her eyes are dark but they're not overdone. I's say her make up is kept minimalist most of the time. The hair and the make up allowed her natural beauty to glow. 



 
 I like black a lot. She wears black a lot! Again, this outfit looks classic and wearable to corporate work. The little belt accentuates and flaunts her little waist. Her wavy, long hair gives her a mature look. And she has a balance between runway looks and fashionable street wear. On the photo, she's wearing a black shirt, denim daisy dukes and black flip flops. The outfit is rather simple but she still maintains it stylish. Runway or street, corporate or casual, short or long-haired, she is POSH!
 Gwyneth Paltrow is almost synonymous to elegance. She has the height of supermodels; she has the ultimate blonde good looks. Any clothes fit her perfectly. Her outfits are sexy but  not sleezy. This is a magazine photo. Look at how that dress fits her. Now look at her red carpet look in the photo to the right. She keeps it simple, plain and one-colored.

Headband! Gwyneth looks young but not trying hard. She looks even more elegant when her hair is pulled back. Her beautiful, radiant face is emphasized. No earrings or necklace. Her style is simple but classic. Timeless, I should say.

 Like Posh, Gwyneth's street fashion looks straight out of the runway. Look how simple her look was in the photo to the right - gray shirt, white pants and sandals. Not all streetwalkers would look this fashionable with this rather simple look. But Gwyneth does.
Blazer and shorts - Gwyneth is only one of the very few who can pull this off. I can't say more. I just love this outfit.



Being the rocker that I am, Gwen Stefani is also one of my style heroes. Look at those abs!!! She has revolutionized female rockstar outfits. This look is majority white. Blazer on top of her bare abs. I think this is one of Gwen's signature looks. This is how her wax at madame tussauds looke as well. She puts sexy to rock.

 I work in the corporate world so I am really thrilled to see fashionable ensemble that I can wear at work. I love Gwen's look here. White collared shirt with tie and I believe cashmere on top. Like Posh, she also launched her own fashion line - my dream.


 Now, look at her street fashion. In more street fashion photos, Gwen looks more casual with rubber shoes and sneakers. But regardless, she is effortlessly fashionable and edgy too. She can rock any outfit she wears.


 
There you go - my style heroes. They're classic, timeless, edgy, simple and everything fashionable!


No comments: