Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spoofed: 2012's Greatest Hits

We're reaching almost the end of the year so I thought I would have my share of recalling this year's greatest hits... in a cool way. Filipinos are good impersonators. We love parodies and spoofs. Let me share you my favorite Filipino spoofs for the year...
 
3. There has been so much craze about 50 shades. It's a trilogy comprised of "50 shades of Grey", "50 shades darker", and "50 shades freed". All three books are erotic, I couldn't say more. I declared this blog to not have adult content and well I watched this parody again and again and I think it's funny more than erotic haha. A Filipino dad wants his sons to sleep but the sons said that their mom usually tells bedtime stories to put them to sleep. The dad then comes to read 50 shades. Imagine?!!! I find it funny so enjoy watching...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itBvpS49Frg

2. Oppa Gangnam style! Psy was phenomenal this year. He was the first Korean artist to hit it really big in the US and all over the world. Heidi Klum danced with him during the MTV Europe Awards. Among all spoofs (Filipino) I've seen of this song, I thought Jugs & Teddy's video spoof was the most creative. Jugs and Teddy are two Filipino band frontmen who host "It's Showtime" a Filipino noon time variety show. In the show's third anniversary week, the hosts need to present anything to win Php 100,000 for their chosen charities. Jugs & Teddy came up with Psy's Gangnam style video spoof. You may want to check out the real video of the song and compare how detailed Jugs and Teddy's spoof was. They also changed the lyrics of the song. The song was now "Epal ang yong style". The lyrics talks about annoying people. "Epal" loosely means annoying and the title means "your style is annoying". Why the spoof is creative? Because they did the video in 5 minutes with all the set changes and people dancing. The original music video may have been shot for at least an entire day.

1. Before Psy's Gangnam Style, there was "Call me Maybe". Yup Carly Rae Jepsen's hit has been the biggest LSS for most people this year. It was played everywhere I go. People around the globe did their own videos and covers of the song. With its popularity, some are pleased while some are annoyed. But whatever you felt about the song, it doesn't change the fact that this song was arguably the biggest hit of 2012. Among the Filipino spoofs of this song (and all spoofs this year), this is my favorite because hard core rockstars made a funny version of it. Basti Artadi of Wolfgang and Tirso Ripoll of Razorback did the spoof. The new lyrics is in English so just listen and enjoy. I just can't imagine my rock hero to be doing a cover of this very pop song. It made me love rock even more. Warning: Excuse their French... =p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_byrbL_zZ4

No comments: