Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Alcotherapy

I don't know if anyone already invented the word "alcotherapy" but I thought about this more than a year ago so if someone "invented" the word before me then sorry, I'm not here to claim anything. It's not rocket science anyway haha. Alcotherapy is a portmanteau of "alcohol" and "therapy," and generally defined as "healing with the use of alcohol."

I grew up with male family members and kins that love alcohol. My cousins and relatives in the province make alcohol their breakfast coffee. Compared to others, I think I started drinking late. My first bottle of beer was during my college friend's birthday right before our graduation. And the rest - you can say - is history.

I personally love my good old margarita, vodka, and some really ice cold beer. Tequila? When I was younger perhaps. I feel like I'm too old to smell like tequila as it leaves a pretty strong smell. I remember when I got one too many shots of it back in the days. I was crawling... but the feeling was oh so light. The next morning, I felt like a cartoon character with stars circling my really bloated head. It's great to experience once in a while and if you are in the company of people with the same smell. Otherwise, you will curse yourself and clean your immaculately white bed sheets and pillows... I've a few friends who are allergic to alcoholic beverages and I've got nothing but pity on them. They can't share the feeling of being trashed. This is why I always have extra bottles because I'm drinking for my allergic friends haha.

So now, I'm more mature. I'm drinking but I'm not trashed. I'm drinking but I'm not alcoholic (and I'm not trying to be defensive). In fact, there are lots of benefits to alcohol drinking, moderate that is.

1. it improves blood circulation (and I'm not making this up - you can search. This is backed by a lot of more recent studies).
2. boost confidence (yes, it does - people say drunk people tells the truth and says things they won't normally say)
3. stress buster (whenever I feel stressed and stretched, i historically counted on alcoholic beverages and it really gave me relief)
4. deal saver (instead of a fist fight, you can just drink beer if you have an 'enemy' or you have an overrated 'love quarrel')

I'm sure a lot of alcohol drinkers can name a few more and I don't even have really expound on anything. This picture below greeted me last Monday on our new office building pantry. WOW! I was perked up all day. I thought it was a regular pantry item haha. When I have my own company perhaps it would. In fact, I've always thought that pantries have water dispensers with hot and cold water. Why not have a third one - dispensing beer? I'm sure every second employee will increase productivity! Anyway, this post is just to celebrate those who can drink, are drinking moderately, and drinking for therapy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lets go get some beers!

Unknown said...

U sound like my type of gal...lets go get some drinks