Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Favorite Things



These are a few of my favorite things...

1. Listening to the radio and Fridays - With a lot of music players these days, I don't see a lot of people listening to the radio anymore. Not me.  I love listening to the radio. It excites me not to know what song will play next and it exhilarates me that one of my favorite songs was on. I love music so much but lately, not a lot of quality songs are coming out. Most would play repetitive non-sense lyrics like "na na na na" or "baby baby baby" so I am stuck listening to good old music. Good thing there's Magic 89.9's Friday madness and Jam 88.3's Slide, both of which happen all day every Fridays. You may listen to live streaming in the web links below. Both stations play non current music bringing nostalgia to everyone and delight to me! Fridays and radio = perfect combination

http://www.mypinoyradio.com/fm-stations/jam-88-3-dwjm-fm-88-3-mhz/

http://streampinoy.info/magic-fm-89-9-dwtm-live.html


2. Vintage shirts - One of my officemates told me that I'm stuck with the past (he saw me playing tetris on my phone, intensely!). Perhaps, I am. I'm stuck with the old stuffs that rock. Vintage shirts? You can never go wrong with vintage shirts. Firstly, they're very comfy. Secondly, they usually come in very cool designs. What I love most are vintage rock band shirts. Pink Floyd is a classic rock band and it brings me pride to wear a shirt. I'm not very fond of girls wearing a rockstar ensemble when they're not really into rock music. But well, I'm still proud that they try to dig the style. The rock style I would say is comfortable and classic... you can wear vintage shirts, jeans and chucks any day! =)




3. Fireworks! - When there's fireworks, it must be a happy occasion. In the Philippines, New Year's celebration is nothing without fireworks. The sky is always luminous and it always feels like nothing can go wrong. Last night, we watched the 4th annual Philippine pyromusical competition. It was Japan versus Finland. Both entries showcased modern firework techniques. My favorite was the dramatic waterfall effect that Finland displayed. I'm a black kind of girl but the colors that lit up the Manila skyline last night were nothing but wonderful. I've been watching the pyromusical for two years now but the amusement is never short in supply... I was also inspired with the number between the gap. There were sexy fire dancers. Honestly, I was scared because we were so close to the performers that I felt some gas splattered on my arms but the show was good and their abs... I think I need to do some fire dancing myself haha. Anyway, you can catch two countries go against each other next week again. It's every saturday at the Mall of Asia...


Well those are some of my favorite things... I love the Sound of Music and yup, I thank the movie for great music and for the "favorite things" concept...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with vintage, "artists" these days forgot the true passion of music....sad huh?

Antukin said...

Yes, passion - that's what's lacking these days. They're there for the money... It's really sad... we need more artists like Adele, Gotye...